We are excited to
welcome you to
the 2017 New York State Convention for Beta Sigma Phi
Our theme is High School Reunion and we will
celebrate several decades of music that we hope will trigger fond memories.
Bring your prom dress and your dancing shoes. Our professional dancers will
entertain and demonstrate several iconic dances. Then we can all join in and
step to the music, shake your bootie, get your groove on!
Its Beta Sigma Phi High for all decades!
- Thursday night we will welcome sisters with a casual reception in the
Chairwomans suite with some light refreshments. Pick up your
registration packets early.
- Friday afternoon registration begins. Pick up your nametags and
welcome packets in the lobby beginning at noon. We will have a Ways and Means
Room for chapters, councils, and convention committees to raise funds. There
will also be a hospitality room where you can meet with friends and enjoy our
- Friday Dinners theme is the Second Chance Prom. You may choose
to wear your prom dress. There will be an opening ceremony followed by dinner
and entertainment. A DJ will be spinning the tunes and professional dancers
will demonstrate a few select dance styles.
- Saturday morning our Hospitality room and Ways and Means room will be
open before Brunch.
- We have an interesting selection of Forums. Get active, or
creative, or just listen and learn. Read the descriptions and join in the fun.
- Brunch will be served at 11:15 AM
- We are offering several afternoon tours. If you enjoy local color
and history, we encourage you to check out the Onondaga Historical Society,
offering two guided tours through exhibits, including Syracuse China. A newer
museum is the Matilda Joslyn Gage house. She was a compatriot of Susan B.
Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton, though lesser known. And she was the
mother-in-law of L. Frank Baum, author of The Wizard of Oz. If you like to
enjoy Autumn in the outdoors, fresh apples, baked goods, and gift shopping, we
recommend the trip to Beak and Skiff Apple Orchards. The tasting room will be
open for you to try their vodka, gin, and hard cider.
- For those remaining at the hotel, we are offering chair massages.
Current price is $15 for 15 minutes, but we may have discounted group rates if
enough people show interest. Sign up on the registration form, but pay at the
time of the massage. Between 1 PM and 4 PM.
- Make sure you patronize all our sisters Ways and Means tables
and take advantage of the wonderful products and raffles. Raffle winners will
be announced at dinner on Saturday evening.
- Saturday dinner is full of fun and good food. Receive your
convention theme charm, perhaps win a door prize. After dinner enjoy our two
comedians. Tonight, dress as you would during your own High School years. Feel
free to wear your poodle skirt, bell bottoms, cheer leading outfit, etc.
- Sunday morning breakfast will be served buffet style. Our guest
from International will speak to us and we will entertain bids from upcoming
- After Closing Ritual, please visit the Hospitality Room for any
remaining snacks to take on your journey home.
- We are selling T-shirts that say, What happens with Sisters, Stays
with Sisters spelled out in rhinestones on a black, scoop-necked T
with ¾ length sleeves. A feminine style that runs true to size. Excellent
gift idea, and can be worn for all occasions. No convention logo.